We’re a group of forward-thinking, technologically-minded people who enjoy taking on new challenges.
For more than 10 years, Nexxtep has been helping companies like yours leverage IT to achieve bottom-line results.
Roots in Professional Services
Nexxtep was born out of an accounting firm, where co-founder and President Paul Nichols worked as a CPA, and co-founder and CTO Stuart Avera consulted as a software developer. Paul and Stuart saw a gap where premium IT services were not available in our area of Georgia. Shortly after, they recruited two additional co-founders, Bart Shiver and Ryan Williams, and Nexxtep was born. Through the years, our range of services has evolved and changed with the times, but our commitment to delivering quality results for our clients has not wavered.
Selecting the right people is a high priority at Nexxtep. Our employees want to be challenged and want to do whatever they can to serve our clients. Our clients are awesome people, and that makes Nexxtep a fun place to work.
You Are Not a Number
You deserve to be treated like a friend, not a number on a balance sheet. Relationships with our clients are important, not just because of a bottom line, but because you’re our friends and colleagues. When you need us, you can count on a quick and professional response from a knowledgable, friendly staff member that you know.
We take things a step further by serving as your proactive business partner. This means suggesting ways to save money, finding ways to do things more efficiently, and helping you compete better in your marketplace. We also work hard to provide ongoing education to our clients in the form of regular seminars, webinars, and our annual Partner Conference.
In Our Clients’ Words
The Nexxtep support team is gifted in their knowledge of IT. They are always professional, courteous and respond to our needs (big or small) as if it was the most important item on their agenda. Personal service with expertise. Nexxtep is a positive and very important part of our business. Thank you, Nexxtep.
I can pick up the phone and actually talk to someone and know who I’m talking to, rather than listen to a recording until I’m directed to whoever’s turn it is to take the next call. I like having a specific team dedicated to our company.
Our IT capabilities have made us more efficient in serving our clients. That's bottom line for us.
We have always been able to count on you for all of our technical support. We truly appreciate all you do for us and hope to continue our relationship for many years to come.
Nexxtep’s staff were delightful professionals to work with in designing our website. As accounting professionals we have high expectations in all things and with this project those expectations were indeed fulfilled. The one thing we requested was a website that “pops” and we believe that’s what we’ve received! They have filled our order in not only helping us make a good first impression, but to be resourceful as well. Nexxtep even educated us along the way with available options, suggestions, etc., including how to update it ourselves. We now have a website that represents us well and will grow with us.
- 2002: Nexxtep Technology Services is formed by co-founders and partners Paul Nichols, Stuart Avera, Ryan Williams, and Bart Shiver. (Read more about our Leadership Team)
- 2005: Our co-founders take on additional staff and move to a new office in the Greystone Office Center.
- 2006: Realizing that our clients need reliable, proactive IT management and monitoring, we launch what would become our flagship service, N-Care.
- 2007: The Valdosta-Lowndes County Chamber of Commerce recognizes us as Small Business of the Year.
- 2010: Georgia Trend Magazine names us as one of the Ten Best Places to Work in Georgia.
- 2011: Seeing a growing need for web-based marketing services from our clients, we launch a division of website design and marketing services.
- 2012: We launch our first commercial software tool, ProcessPlan, in hopes of helping businesses everywhere easily setup processes that will improve every aspect of their organizations.
- 2013: Having outgrown our old office, we relocate to a new facility and open a fully operational data center.
The Nexxtep Team in 2013